HP-866B Digital Anemometer,Handheld Wind Speed Meter
- Usually ships in 24 hours
- Free Shipping
Bulk discount rates
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
|Buy 5 - 10||and get 5% off|
|Buy 11 - 20||and get 10% off|
- 【Multifunction Pro Anemometer】Wind Speed, Wind Temperature, Wind Chill, Low battery indicator on bright backlit LCD screen. HP-866B is a portable wind speed guages can accurately measure wind speed in 5 units: m/s, km/h, ft/min, knots, mph. Wind Temp in ℃/℉(Degree Celsius/Fahrenheit)
- 【Accurate Wind Meter】Wind Speed Meter for measuring wind speed range 0.67~67.1 mph(+/- 5% of readings), Wind temperature -10~45℃,14℉-113℉(+/-2℃,35.6℉); Resolution 0.1m/s; 0.2℃. 2 temp sensors and 8 vanes makes the meter is very sensitive to measure very low air flows to help you with HVAC installation, CFM calculation, Duct vents.
- 【Tripod Hole for Mounting】There’s a metal threaded hole on the bottom of the digital anemometer, so you can fix it on a tripod for continuous wind guages. To set your hands free when you fly drones, rc planes, wings, helicopters and quads, long distance shooting.
- 【Anemometer Case Included】It's a light weight, pocket size Wind Gauge Meter, portable for you and your family to measure outside for outdoor activities, such as: shooting,Boat Sailing, Kite flying, Climbing, Drone driving etc.
- 【Easy to Use 】Manual / Auto Power OFF optional, Back Light Screen to let you see clear even in dark. Add to Cart, Buy it, Use it, for any quality problems, we’ll replace you.
- Backlit LCD screen
- Wind Chill Indicator
- Beaufort scale indicator
- Auto shutdown after 5 minutes
- With tripod hole for mounting
- Read Max/Min/Average/ Current wind speed
- During low wind speeds, there is virtually no noticeable wind chill.
- When measuring, please make the wind blade perpendicular to the wind direction.
- Due to different shipping channels, different batches of products may not contain batteries.
Easy to use. Comes with everything you need to use. Very Happy with product.
I have not had the opportunity to site test this unit yet but I received it on time and in an extremely efficient packaging ready to go after installing the 2 batteries that were included. The fan is very well balanced and sensitive to even the slightest breeze to the point where Wind speed and ground speed correlated exactly when compared with a GPS just walking. It comes with a nice case and easy to follow instructions. I have no doubt this unit will meet my requirements. Only improvement I might suggest would be a way to connect to a computer to input the data in real time. Next model.
A very good device for hiking
This is one of those neat things to have around. I originally bought this to measure the air speed coming out of the heating vents. It helped quantify how the sharp bend in the air duct was restricting the air flow. After the installer corrected that, I used it in setting the vents so the whole house heated evenly. It works perfectly and have not had any issues. Accurate. Fast delivery and comes with a zippered, padded case.
This is a great unit for the price! Not flimsy, and it seems pretty accurate. I drove around in my car at different speeds and this device was within 1 or 2 mph of the speedo, which is plenty good enough for my needs. And the case is better than I thought it was, instead of just flimsy material, it is somewhat sturdy, enough to hold it's shape when empty, and it provides some padding.
I have a common complaint with all of these inexpensive anemometers. Although the name HOLDPEAK implies the device will hold the min/max/avg wind speeds, as soon as you toggle to another setting it loses that value. For example, I set it to MAX and as one would expect, it shows max wind speed. I then switch to AVG hoping it would have measured the AVG windspeed at the same time. Nope, it does not record that value, it has to start from scratch. After viewing the AVG windspeed, I go back to MAX and sure enough its back to zero. I have to start from scratch to get a MAX windspeed. It does not HOLD anything. So if you think you will be able to compare AVG to MAX windspeeds during a similar time frame, forget it. Everytime you go to another function, the previous function's windspeed is cleared. As long as you are content to only get MIN/MAX/AVG windspeeds, one function at a time, it works fine. But its a very basic unit in that regard. Still a good value for the money.
I bought this as a way to find out if my drone will be flying in too strong of winds.. And even though this is kinda big. A lot bigger than
the others it is very accurate. As long as your directly in the path of the wind. This will totally keep me from flying in too strong of wind..
Would recommend this for any drone pilot.
Works very well, all the functions. Very slight motion will spin the sensor fan.
I tried walking around the house in still air, 3.1 mph average as measured by Fitbit, got 2.9 mph average "wind" as measured on this meter. The Fitbit has some error, this is probably within 5% as advertised. Also, that's a pretty rough test, since the device is being jounced and bounced with each step, the angle is changing, etc. I was amazed that you can basically use it as a pedometer replacement (not that you'd want to).
It responds quickly and sensitively. Using the air speed into the AC and the size of the filter, it just checks the spec on the cfm of the air conditioner, so I presume it to be quite accurate when used for a typical application.
The bearings on the fan seem remarkably low friction.
The temperature registers accurately: walking around the LR/DR in the house the device registers 78.4F while my Extech temperature/humidity sensor [humidity/temperature pen 445580] shows 79.3 and two K-type thermocouples (all devices carried in the same hand for two minutes of walking) show 78.1 F and 78.3F.
I conclude the wind speed is accurate to at least 10%, probably 5% as is claimed, and the temp is accurate to 1 degree F.
The backlight is very nice, stays on a few seconds and shuts off automatically. Batteries easy to change. Nice case. Comes with a screwdriver to undo the screws holding the battery lid down.
Quite happy with this unit. It has helped me balance out my AC and confirm its operation is on spec.
Plus, it's just a fun gadget!